Making Spaghetti and Pork Meatballs 101 for Non-Cookers
I know a few people who can’t cook to save their lives.
Here is simple recipe that can be whipped up by those who are not exactly fans of the kitchen.
Source: Dira0101 from Wikimedia Commons
- 1 kilo ground pork
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- Pepper, ground
- Soya sauce
- Spaghetti sauce, the Prego 1lb bottle or any available spaghetti sauce will do
- Spaghetti, 1kg or 500 grams
- Cheese, preferably parmesan
Making the Meatballs
Source: Lebensmittelfotos from Wikimedia Commons
- Mix the ground pork, onion, garlic, eggs and flour in a large mixing bowl
- Add salt, pepper and soya sauce.
- Form little balls (depends on how large you want them) and set these balls aside
- Deep fry the meatballs until they are golden brown.
- Drain in a container with paper towels to remove excess oil
- Set aside
Cooking the Spaghetti, Heating the Sauce
Well… cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
You can do this concurrently: Heat the spaghetti sauce in a pan. Add in the meatballs and cook in low heat for 10-15 minutes. If the spaghetti sauce isn’t flavored enough, you can add pepper or salt.
- Place the spaghetti in a container large enough to hold it in.
- Top it with the spaghetti sauce and meatballs.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese or any cheese you have.
I sometimes like seaweed on my spaghetti (which grosses out most people). If you want, you can sprinkle shredded seaweed all over your spaghetti too!