Lost Your Valuables in Cebu City? Here's What You Can Do
Losing valuables is actually a pretty common thing in Cebu. It could be because you misplaced it. Or someone stole it from you. So what do you do when you lose something in Cebu City?
Cebu is not exactly the safest place in the world and it’s no secret that there is quite a community of pickpockets, cons, scammers and robbers here. Yep, they're a community.
Don't Panic Just Yet
- Check to make sure that you did not just misplace the item. Check all your pockets and all the compartments of your bag. Retrace your steps and see if the item is still where you dropped it.
- Ask the mall or hotel concierge / information counter if someone returned your items.Leave them your contact number in case someone returns something, they can contact you.
- If your item was stolen or you were robbed, go to the nearest police station and file a police report.
Cebu City's Police Stations
Source: Cebu City Police Office Facebook Page
Police Station 1
Parian Cebu City
Police Station 2
Fuente Osmeña, Cebu City
Police Station 3
Waterfront Pier Area
Police Station 4
Mabolo, Cebu City
Police Station 5
Carbon, Cebu City
Police Station 6
Taboan, Cebu City
Police Station 7
Pardo, Cebu City
Police Station 8
Talamban, Cebu City
Police Station 9
Guadalupe, Cebu City
Police Station 10
Punta Princesa, Cebu City
Police Station 11
Mambaling, Cebu City
Remember these Tips:
- Exercise a high degree of caution in Cebu City, especially if you are around the Colon, Pasil, Pari-an area.
- Always be alert and keep your valuables close.
- If you don’t really need to tote them around, keep your valuables hidden away inside the hotel safety box or ask the concierge to stash away your valuables. They will do so for a fee.
- Don't bring wads of cash.
- If you lose something, go directly to the nearest police station. See above for the list of Cebu City’s police stations.
- If you got robbed (hopefully not) or got pickpocketed, contact the Cebu City Police Theft and Robbery Section at +63 32 234 0361. There are also nationwide hotlines that you can use: 8888 for complaints, and 911 for emergencies.
Tips for Tourists Series: The Cebu City Shopping Experience
Tips for Tourists Series: Which Hotel Should You Stay In?