15 Simple Life Hacks that Will Make Your Life So Much Better
You know those tiny little annoyances that occur throughout the day, the ones that are too small for you to actively do anything about, and yet notice every time it slightly inconveniences you?
Yeah, you know what I’m talking about. Wondering if the fifth black or silver luggage coming down the baggage belt is yours, wanting an iced coffee but don’t want your perfect-strength hot coffee diluted by the ice… Those inconveniences. We can all live with them, but why tolerate these incidents when with some clever little tricks we can do away with them completely? Check out the following life hacks to make your life that much easier.
- Put a colourful, distinctive tag on your luggage. It could be a custom luggage tag, or just tie on a bright strip of fabric.
- Freeze coffee to create frozen cubes that won’t dilute your coffee when you want to ice it!
- Put your phone in a cup with a wide mouth to amplify the sound. This is especially useful if you keep sleeping through your alarm!
- Are you a beach bunny? Are you having problems keeping your valuables safe at the beach? Hide them in plain sight by storing them in an empty sunscreen bottle.
- Want to chill a drink quickly without ice? Wrap a wet paper towel around the can and pop it in the freezer.
- To make the most of that almost empty jar of your favourite spread (Nutella, jam or peanut butter), just add a couple of scoops of ice cream and enjoy!
- Spend 10 minutes learning how to fold a fitted sheet properly to free up valuable space in your storage.
- Does your straw keep bobbing up when drinking a carbonated drink from a can? Simply slot the straw through the hole in the tab to keep it down.
- Why pay for chilled water? Save money and the environment at the same time by filling your reusable water bottle about a quarter of the way with water, then lay it on its side to freeze the night before. When you’re ready to leave, just fill it the rest of the way with water and you’ve got ice water on the go!
- If you’re sharing a bag of chips or other snacks with a group of friends, open up the back of the bag so that there’s a wider opening that everyone can reach into.
- Eating a glazed doughnut? Feel like there’s just not enough flavour? Turn the doughnut upside down when eating it to make the most of that delicious glaze.
- Put a coin on top of a cup of frozen water in your freezer when you go away on holiday. You’ll know whether the power went off by where the coin is when you come back, which tells you whether you need to throw out your perishables or not.
Take a quick photo of your luggage just before checking in at the airport to help with your inquiries if your baggage gets lost. This is especially helpful if there’s a language barrier!
Place newspapers at the bottom of your garbage bins to soak up any liquids that may get thrown in. This makes it much easier to clean.
Ever been frustrated by a roll of tape because you can’t find the end? Just stick a paperclip under the end to find it easily the next time!
5 Worthy Everyday Investments that will Pay for ThemselvesSource: Giphy
6 TED Talks that will Change Your LifeMedical animator David Bolinsky's presentation at TED conference 2007. Wikimedia Commons.
When in Cebu: Ordering Espresso Drinks, Gourmet, or Ordinary Coffee Made EasyImage by Alayna the Extravagant from Wikimedia Commons