Pinoy Recipes: Minced Meat a.k.a Ginaling
Source: sega_maca, Flickr
Ginaling is a dish of minced meat and sautéed with garlic and onions. It's incredibly easy to make.
In the Visayas, we call it the “ginaling”, but in most parts of Luzon, they call it the “giniling”. It is one of the easiest dish you can make – it will probably take you less than hour.
In Latin America, there’s a similar dish called “picadillo”, which is also made of ground meat sautéed with spices.
More of this series: Pinoy RecipesShow All
Source: Wikimedia Commons
- ½ kilo ground pork
- tomato sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- Carrots, chopped
- Green peas, just a few to add as toppings
- Bell pepper
- Potatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the pan and put the cooking oil
- Sautée the garlic and onions until it turns golden brown.
- Add in the meat and stir repeatedly.
- Add salt and pepper for to taste. Cook until the meat turns into a light shade of brown.
- Add in tomato sauce, water and sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes, green peas, and bell pepper. Cook until the meat is brown.
- You can add boiled chicken eggs or quail eggs if you prefer.
And there you have it. Easy wasn't it?